Monday and Wednesday - Rehearsal 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Friday 9/4 Home game vs Avon Grove:
5:30 PM - Report/set equipment in stadium
6:00 PM - Warm up
6:30 PM - Move to stands
6:40 PM - In stands for Avon Grove Band Pre-game show
6:55 PM - KHS plays National Anthem
7:00 PM - Kickoff
8:15 PM - Approx - KHS performs halftime
9:30 PM - Approx - end of game.
Uniform for Friday's game will be this years band shirt, shorts, and athletic/guard/drillmaster shoes. Baseball hats and sunglasses are allowed. You are encouraged to bring your water jugs from camp to the stands as it will still be very hot. Members are encouraged to bring money for concessions during the 3rd quarter of the game.
2:45 - 3:30 - Photos of seniors (only seniors need to be here that early)
3:30 - 5:15 - Rehearsal
5:15 - 6:00 - Dinner by Cafe Riviera (if you signed up). This is the last dinner they are catering.
6:00 - 8:00 - Rehearsal
Tuesday and Wednesday
3:30 - 5:15 Rehearsal
5:15 - 6:00 Dinner - Dinner is on your own. It is a short dinner break, but it is a short rehearsal day. We recommend bringing dinner as driving options from KMS are limited.
6:00 - 8:00 Rehearsal
8:30 AM - Report to KHS Band Room
9:15 AM - Teacher Performance
This performance is for horn line/drumline only. It is in uniform but without hats. Hopefully shoes and gloves will have arrived by then. If not, some of you may be performing in black socks...don't worry, this is the way it happens every year.
3:30 - 6:15 Rehearsal
6:15 - Parent Preview Performance - Uniform for this show will be this year's band T-shirt which should arrive on Monday. We will distribute sometime before performance.
6:30 - Dinner / Parent BBQ
A protein bar/fruit/light snack is recommended if you think you will be hungry before 6:30.
8:00 AM - Noon - Rehearsal
Noon - 12:45 - Lunch
12:45 - 4:30 - Rehearsal
4:30 - 6:00 - Dinner (on your own - no cafe riviera)
6:00 - 7:00 (:15) - Rehearsal
7:15 - 8:00 - Break camp
Our final run of the two weeks will happen sometime between 7:00 - 7:15 PM.
We will need help between 7:15 and 8:00 PM to tear stuff down, pack, and then unload at KHS. In particular, Mr. Whisler will need help in taking down the scaffolding, loading it into the box truck and then meeting us at KHS to unload it. This is definitely a job for adults. With enough people, this whole process takes less than 15 minutes. We will load the large trailer and simply park it until the next Monday at practice.
This is a reminder that Cafe Riviera is NOT providing dinner tomorrow (Friday). The last catered meal will be Monday. Please plan accordingly.
Band Camp starts this coming Monday, August 17, 8:00 AM sharp at Kennett Middle School.
Here is a list of important information and things you will need to have with you for camp:
REQUIRED FORMS AND FEES:
1. Medical / Travel Form - Every student must have this form completed and turned in on Monday morning in order to participate!
2. Fees - The following fees are required for participation, and are also due Monday:
3. Cafe Riviera Dinner Payments - Anyone that signed up for Cafe Riviera dinners must send cash or a check for $55.00 made out to KHS Friends of Music on Monday. If you did not sign up, you will be responsible for your own dinners. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Skross at email@example.com.
Please clearly label all payments! It will not be possible to track unlabelled cash and checks coming in.
The first week of camp runs from 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM. Daily schedule is as follows:
8:00 AM to Noon - First Block
Noon to 12:45 PM - Lunch
12:45 PM to 4:30 PM - Second Block
4:30 PM to 6:00 PM - Dinner
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Third Block
8:00 AM means we start practice at 8:00 AM. This means you will need to arrive before 8:00 AM every day. 8:00 PM is dismissal and we rehearse right up until that time. It typically takes students a few minutes to put things away at the end of practice. Even though they finish at 8:00 PM, it is likely they will not actually be ready to leave until 8:10 or 8:15.
Band Staff is typically at KMS as early as 7:00 AM during camp, and we are happy to let members into the school for early drop off.
1. Your Instrument or Flag
2. Show Music - This has been available on our website since May, so we expect that you already have a significant portion learned by now. Please see the emails from Mr. Mancuso for the password to access members-only content.
3. Stand Tunes - You can now access and print the first 6 stand tunes we will be doing this year. For our returning members, 2 of them are new and have some challenging rhythms in them. Let’s get these down and hit the ground running.
4. Sunscreen!!! We don’t lose members to injuries - we lose them to sunburn. We will remind you to put on sunscreen. You need to reapply - probably hourly, otherwise YOU WILL BURN - and then you are home for a day or two and then you have to relearn drill.
5. Water Coolers - We encourage you to bring at least a 1/2 gallon water cooler with you. Camelbaks are permitted on the field and are recommended if you have one. It takes too long to send everyone into the building to get a 15 minute water break. We love giving you “gulp and go” 45 second water breaks every 20 or 30 minutes. It is better for your body and keeps you fresher longer. We take hydration very, very seriously.
6. Athletic Footwear is mandatory. Boots, sandals, flip-flops, etc. are not permitted on the field.
7. Other Necessities:
All of our rehearsals are open to the public and we love to see alumni, parents, and supporters stopping by. It is great to have an audience and a wonderful way for you to see the progress the members are making. Through the day we can be very scattered working on small things. Our evening rehearsals are typically large “ensemble” rehearsals where all elements of the band are on the field and things are coming together.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Romano. See you at camp!!!
Band Camp starts on Monday, August 17. All students must submit their Medical / Travel Form, KCSD Activity Fee, and Band Equipment Fees by that date. If you do not have all of these things turned in by Monday, 8/17, you will not be allowed to participate! Please find the necessary forms under the Important Documents section of our website.
Several important emails have just been sent out which were previously posted to the email group. If you recently signed up for the email group, or you think you may have missed something, please check your email for these important updates.
Please see the email sent today by Mr. Romano for an important update on fees, uniforms, and band camp info. If you are not already on our email group, you have been missing a huge amount of information sent over the last few weeks. Email is our primary mode of communication, and all members and their families are required to join our email group. Sign up now!
Band members - please check your email ASAP for an important update on uniform fittings. As previously stated, tomorrow night (8/6) is for SENIORS ONLY. All other students must use 8/10 or 8/12, unless there are extenuating circumstances which you have previously spoken with Mrs. Munson about. Please also direct any questions about uniform fittings to her.