Band Camp starts this coming Monday, August 17, 8:00 AM sharp at Kennett Middle School.
Here is a list of important information and things you will need to have with you for camp:
REQUIRED FORMS AND FEES:
1. Medical / Travel Form - Every student must have this form completed and turned in on Monday morning in order to participate!
2. Fees - The following fees are required for participation, and are also due Monday:
3. Cafe Riviera Dinner Payments - Anyone that signed up for Cafe Riviera dinners must send cash or a check for $55.00 made out to KHS Friends of Music on Monday. If you did not sign up, you will be responsible for your own dinners. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Skross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please clearly label all payments! It will not be possible to track unlabelled cash and checks coming in.
The first week of camp runs from 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM. Daily schedule is as follows:
8:00 AM to Noon - First Block
Noon to 12:45 PM - Lunch
12:45 PM to 4:30 PM - Second Block
4:30 PM to 6:00 PM - Dinner
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM - Third Block
8:00 AM means we start practice at 8:00 AM. This means you will need to arrive before 8:00 AM every day. 8:00 PM is dismissal and we rehearse right up until that time. It typically takes students a few minutes to put things away at the end of practice. Even though they finish at 8:00 PM, it is likely they will not actually be ready to leave until 8:10 or 8:15.
Band Staff is typically at KMS as early as 7:00 AM during camp, and we are happy to let members into the school for early drop off.
1. Your Instrument or Flag
2. Show Music - This has been available on our website since May, so we expect that you already have a significant portion learned by now. Please see the emails from Mr. Mancuso for the password to access members-only content.
3. Stand Tunes - You can now access and print the first 6 stand tunes we will be doing this year. For our returning members, 2 of them are new and have some challenging rhythms in them. Let’s get these down and hit the ground running.
4. Sunscreen!!! We don’t lose members to injuries - we lose them to sunburn. We will remind you to put on sunscreen. You need to reapply - probably hourly, otherwise YOU WILL BURN - and then you are home for a day or two and then you have to relearn drill.
5. Water Coolers - We encourage you to bring at least a 1/2 gallon water cooler with you. Camelbaks are permitted on the field and are recommended if you have one. It takes too long to send everyone into the building to get a 15 minute water break. We love giving you “gulp and go” 45 second water breaks every 20 or 30 minutes. It is better for your body and keeps you fresher longer. We take hydration very, very seriously.
6. Athletic Footwear is mandatory. Boots, sandals, flip-flops, etc. are not permitted on the field.
7. Other Necessities:
All of our rehearsals are open to the public and we love to see alumni, parents, and supporters stopping by. It is great to have an audience and a wonderful way for you to see the progress the members are making. Through the day we can be very scattered working on small things. Our evening rehearsals are typically large “ensemble” rehearsals where all elements of the band are on the field and things are coming together.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Romano. See you at camp!!!