Competition Results from Phoenixville
Score sheets and judge commentary are now available on the Competition Results page.
10/28 Senior Night. We will be performing halftime
- seniors will be recognized after we perform the show
10/29 Phoenixville Competition. We will be performing at 5:15.
10/31 Halloween Parade at Bayard Estates [OPTIONAL]
- carpool to Bayard Estates by 5:15
- parade at 5:30
- leave by 5:45
11/4 Kennett High School Football: Playoff Game 1, performance TBD
11/5 Conestoga Competition. We will be performing at 7pm
11/11 Kennett High School Football: Playoff Game 2 (if they win Game 1), performance TBD
11/12 Cavalcade of Bands 2022 Championships
Tickets: We will be performing during the afternoon (between 12-5), the time is still TBD. It is highly recommended that you purchase your tickets ASAP.
Handler Passes (parent volunteer passes, free entrance) will only be made available to people who have or will volunteer for away functions (away football games and competitions).
It's going to go very fast... enjoy the ride!
Week 12 (of 15): Phoenixville Competition
Terrific job at the parade and the game. We have lots of work to do to prepare for our first competition in about a month. It's also Senior Night on Friday.
Please watch the video from the Homecoming Performance
Monday, October 24th
Rehearsal on DO. Yep, you read that correctly. Field Hockey made it to playoffs, and they are hosting a PIAA home game on Monday. We cannot be in the stadium. With this being said, it opens up an awesome opportunity.
5:50 Report to DO field
- Plan A: if the lines are dark enough for rehearsal, we will run Part 3 (if you haven't been added to Part 3, we will be doing that on Wednesday)
- Plan B: if the lines are NOT dark enough, we will go directly to sectionals
This will be the LAST opportunity to work on music and choreography in small groups this season. We have 4 weeknight rehearsals and 3 Saturday rehearsals remaining. Guard: DO Parking Lot, Woodwinds and Brass: Lower Lot, Drumline: Outside the Band Room.
7:00 Music Rehearsal (this is the opportunity I was talking about)
- we have not spent much time in full ensemble working on just music. If you listen to the video, you will hear a lot of overplaying and balance issues. We also had a couple of tempo issues. With this being said, 7:00 to 8:15 will be music in the lower lot or auditorium (weather permitting)
- Front Ensemble needs to move all equipment (AND FIND MY MIC) between 6:00 and 7:00 to the lower lot. Before we had the shed, this is what we did every night so enjoy the journey.
8:15 Help the Front Ensemble get everything back to the shed.
Wednesday, October 26th
Rehearsal in the Stadium. We will be primarily focusing on Part 3 (guard and new people integration) and Part 1 (watch the video, it's getting ugly)
6:30 End of Part 3 (starting in K)
7:30: Part 1 (B to the End)
8:10 Run the show twice
Senior Night: Friday, October 28th (LAST regular season football game)
3:30 Food TBD (still $5, still due on Wednesday)
4:30 Prepare for the Football Game (as in, get dressed, polish instruments, etc.)
5:00 Prestage all things for football game
5:30 Sectional Time
6:45 Back in the stands, I can't imagine Great Valley is going to bring their production.
- 2nd Quarter: Warmup on track (just like last Homecoming)
- Halftime: "Mercury Rising" and Senior Recognition. Non-Seniors will remain on the field, Seniors will meet their parents/guardians/friends on the Side 2 track.
- 3rd Quarter: OFF
- 4th Quarter: Football
9:30 Estimated End of Game
Saturday, October 29th: Phoenixville Competition
1200 Gay Street, Phoenixville, PA 19460
This is going to be a very long day. Please buckle up. If you are expected to work on Saturdays, please request off for the next three.
Report Time: 10:00am (yep)
10:00 Stretch and Review Music with Front Ensemble once they are ready
11:45 Part 3
12:15 Part 1 and Part 2
12:45 EPL (you need to be in halves on the bus, please bring WHITE PLUMES)
1:30 Depart from Kennett High School
2:30 Arrive at Phoenixville (restroom, unload, props, etc.)
3:00 Head to warmup, it's a bit of a ride haul.
4:30 Pit Loads
4:50 we move as an ensemble to Gate
5:15 Perform "Mercury Rising"
- We will stay in uniform and remain in the stadium for Garnet Valley and Pennsbury
6:15 Group A Awards and Intermission
7:15 Starts Open Class Competition
9:45 Open Class Awards
10:30 Depart from Phoenixville
12:00 Arrive at Kennett High School
Week 11 (final 4 weeks)
Monday, October 17th: Rehearsal on DO Field
Arrive at 5:50
6:00 Review K (push onto to L, possibly in the dark)
6:45 Sectionals and Senior Option. During sectionals, I will be pulling individuals to conference about progress. It is expected that all students have work and music memorized by the end of this evening. Staff, if we need a Tuesday/Thursday, please let me know.
- Seniors (go out, enjoy the evening, you earned the night off)
- Woodwinds: Piano Classroom
- Brass: Choir Room
- Drumline: Bandroom
- Front Ensemble: Stadium
- Color Guard: DO Parking Lot (LED lights should provide enough light to learn the work for Part 3)
8:30 Dismiss from Sectionals
Wednesday, October 19th: Rehearsal in Stadium
Arrive at 5:50
6:30 Review K and L; Learn M
7:15 ADD 6 members to H-I-J
8:00 Run Part 3
8:10 1st Runthrough of "Mercury Rising" (if we have time we will do 2 more)
Friday, October 21st: Homecoming Game against Sun Valley High School
Food will be available again. Please bring $5 to rehearsal on Wednesday. Sun Valley will be performing pre-game. We will be performing half-time.
4:30 Pre-stage and prepare for football game
5:15 Hornline and Drumline meet to review Part 3 in the parking lot before the parade.
6:00 Homecoming Parade (it's short and simple): "Sweet Caroline" and "Uptown Funk" (we will alternate)
6:30 Return to stadium to watch Sun Valley
1st Quarter: Pep Band
2nd Quarter: Prep for Halftime
Halftime: "Mercury Rising" followed by Homecoming Court. Hornline, Drumline, and Props remain on the field for the Homecoming Court. After the ceremony, props need to be returned to the shed before returning to the bleachers to get your belongings for 3rd Quarter. YOU MUST BE IN HALVES for 3rd Quarter before you eat.
4th Quarter: At exactly 0:00 of the 3rd Quarter you need to be in the bleachers.
9:30 End of Game
Saturday, October 22nd is your last free Saturday for the next month. Please make sure you contact work and plan accordingly.
October 08th, 2022
It is absolutely crucial that ALL members of the band attend the next 6 rehearsals. Every moment is important, the next 6 rehearsals will determine the success of this season. If you need to miss, it can only be for medical reasons. No other absence will be excused unless approved by me.
Performance Video from last night (October 7th, 2022)
Monday, October 10th
Rehearsal on the DO Field (we will be reviewing Part 3 H-I-J, if you did not attend the rehearsal on Wednesday, this is your opportunity). This should be the last time we lose the stadium this year. We have very little time, considering the sun will be setting around 6:30.
Arrive at 5:50
6:00 Rehearsal on DO
- Front Ensemble by the shed
6:45 Sectional Time
- Hornline: Learn the final visuals for 2022 in the band room with me.
- Color Guard: continue the work for Part 3 (find a parking lot area with light)
- Drumline: finish Part 3 (on the stage)
7:30 Sectional Time continues (optional sub-sectionals for Hornline)
- (with Alex and Cole) Hornline will work on Stand Tunes while I have mid-season conferences starting with the rookies and freshman.
8:30 Clean up and Dismiss from Sectionals.
Wednesday, October 12th
Rehearsal in the stadium
Arrive at 5:50
6:00 Stretch and Warm-Up
6:30 NEW CONTENT: Part K and Part L (you must have chips and drill sheets)
7:45 Revisit H-I-J with added guard work
8:15 Run Part 1, Part 2, and H-I-J-K-L of Part 3 (we will only have M remaining)
8:30 Clean up and Dismiss
Friday, October 14th
LAST 2022 REGULAR SEASON AWAY GAME at West Chester East High School
450 Ellis Ln, West Chester, PA 19380
We will be traveling with the full show. This is not optional; all staff and members are expected to attend.
2:45 EPL (food is on you, pack something or head to overpriced Landhope)
4:30 Depart from Kennett High School
5:30 Arrive at West Chester East High School
5:45 Unload and Move
6:15 Prestage (props, guard bag, etc.)
6:45 Watch West Chester East Perform Pregame
1st Quarter: Football
2nd Quarter: Prep for show
Halftime: Perform Show
3rd Quarter: Free time to 2:00 remaining. You MUST enjoy your free time on the VISITING SIDE of the stadium. DO NOT linger at the snack shack.
9:30 Approximate end of the game
10:00 Depart from West Chester East High School
10:45 Arrive at Kennett High School
- the props, flag bag, and equipment need to be removed from the box truck. Section Leaders and Captains will be doing a head count, if you leave without help OR you leave your equipment from someone else to take care of; I will be following up with you on Monday to determine a suitable consequence.
- Front Ensemble and Drumline need to remove everything from the trailer. It smells, it leaks; I'm not taking any chances.
Newsletter: Week 9 (out of 15)
Monday, October 3rd: Rehearsal
Weather doesn't look great, please dress appropriately
ON THE DO FIELD at 6:00
6:00 Visual Review of Part 3 (H-I-J)
6:41 Visual Run of Part H-I-J (you truly can't be late tomorrow night)
- Hornline: Band Room ("El Toro", "Thriller", "National Anthem" from memory, "Old Kennett" from memory, and "Crazy Train"
- Drumline: Auditorium for Part 3. At 8:00 please join the hornline for stand tunes.
- Color Guard: Gym space TBD, I haven't heard back from the AD
- Front Ensemble: Shed time with Andrew, lots and lots of shed time. You MUST have Part 3 memorized, please use the time wisely.
8:30 Dismiss from sectionals
Wednesday, October 5th: Rehearsal
Yes, you do not have school. We still have rehearsal. Yom Kippur is from sunset to sunrise starting on Tuesday and ending Wednesday morning. Again, we absolutely have rehearsal in the stadium Wednesday night.
6:00 Visual Review of Part 3
6:30 ADD music with Front Ensemble
7:50 Practice on and off the field
8:10 Run Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 through J
Friday, October 7th: HOME Football vs. Unionville
It's Middle School Band Night! The KMS Band will be joining us for the first half of the game.
4:00 Friday Feast/Family Dinner (if you want to contribute your $5 from last week to dinner this Friday, let me know.)
4:30 Polish / Makeup / Prep for Show / Uniforms / etc.
- we will be using pink plumes for Breast Cancer Awareness Month (I will distribute the plumes, they will be returned after the performance)
5:00 Head to stadium and preset for the game
5:50 Play through Anthem and Old Kennett with KMS (from Side 2)
6:10 Ensemble on SIDE 2 with the Front Ensemble
- ROADIES (the parent volunteers) need to meet us on the track. We will need help pushing front ensemble equipment and setting the drum major podium. Any questions please see Bob Wardwell.
6:30 (or whenever the field clears) Move onto the field
6:40 Perform "Mercury Rising" (NEW CONTENT!!)
6:55 Perform "Old Kennett" and "Star-Spangled Banner" from the field (KMS will be joining us for both.
Halftime: Unionville High School will be performing their show
3rd Quarter until 2:00 remaining you have time to socialize and eat
4th Quarter: "El Toro Mambo"
9:30 Estimated end of game
10:00 Arrange for Pickup