Monday, September 18th: Rehearsal at Kennett High School
Wednesday, September 20th: Rehearsal at Kennett High School
- We will again be in full uniform. Members will be permitted to leave their uniforms at KHS after rehearsal considering we have a home football game in uniform on Friday.
Friday, September 22nd: Home Football Game vs. Downingtown East
Weather Report: Partly Cloudy (high 72, low 57)
Arrive at 3:00pm / Leave at 10:00pm
Ticket Information: ALL SPECTATORS must purchase tickets online unless you are a Friends of Music Volunteer.
Report Time: 3:00
- we will reporting directly to the field for a visual runthrough (or two) while football is eating. KMS students will not be able to join us for the run considering they will be traveling from KMS to KHS, 8th grade parents please do not rush to get here.
4:00-5:30 Unstructured Time
- Pizza will be served from 4:00-4:30 in the cafeteria (if you paid for food)
- The cafeteria is a great place to do homework...
- BRASS NEED TO POLISH BELLS.
- Everyone else can either hang or leave and come back, up to you. I hear there is a possibility for some ultimate frisbee on the DO field. Please only go play frisbee if you are prepared for the football game. Also, it is imperative the you are careful and safe, I'd hate to lose anyone for the season due to an unstructured time injury...
5:30-5:45 Half-Uniform to stadium to preset for football game
6:15 Ensemble Standstill
6:30 stage for "Notes from the Underground" Part 1 > Rehearsal J
- Perform PREGAME
9:30 Approximate End of Game
Saturday, September 23rd First Competition at Rustin High School
This is our first USBANDS competition in a very long time. Competitions are VERY long days.
Weather: Chance of a passing shower (high 66, low 62)
Arrive at 12:00 / Leave at around 11:00 pm (it's a solid 11 hour day...)
12:00 Report to Stadium
- WE WILL BE TRAVELING IN HALF-UNIFORM (shoes, black socks, pants, sparkle shirt). The jacket (with all its pieces needs to travel in the garment bag)
4:00 Depart for Rustin High School
4:30 Arrive at Rustin High School
- Quick Restroom
- move to warm-up area
5:40 move to gate
6:00 Arrive at Gate (parent volunteers will meet us at the gate)
6:15 Perform "Notes from the Underground"
6:45 Change and Pack Trailer
7:15 Return to Stadium (bring money for food, be respectful if there is a performance in progress)
8:30 Performance by West Chester University
9:45 Depart Rustin High School
10:15 Arrive at Kennett High School
- we must unload before anyone goes home. Uniforms must go home and please leave them unzipped so they can air out.
This is the first very busy week of the season. Drink lots of water, get lots of sleep, and please try to stay healthy!