Terrific job at the parade and the game. We have lots of work to do to prepare for our first competition in about a month. It's also Senior Night on Friday.
Please watch the video from the Homecoming Performance
Monday, October 24th
Rehearsal on DO. Yep, you read that correctly. Field Hockey made it to playoffs, and they are hosting a PIAA home game on Monday. We cannot be in the stadium. With this being said, it opens up an awesome opportunity.
5:50 Report to DO field
- Plan A: if the lines are dark enough for rehearsal, we will run Part 3 (if you haven't been added to Part 3, we will be doing that on Wednesday)
- Plan B: if the lines are NOT dark enough, we will go directly to sectionals
This will be the LAST opportunity to work on music and choreography in small groups this season. We have 4 weeknight rehearsals and 3 Saturday rehearsals remaining. Guard: DO Parking Lot, Woodwinds and Brass: Lower Lot, Drumline: Outside the Band Room.
7:00 Music Rehearsal (this is the opportunity I was talking about)
- we have not spent much time in full ensemble working on just music. If you listen to the video, you will hear a lot of overplaying and balance issues. We also had a couple of tempo issues. With this being said, 7:00 to 8:15 will be music in the lower lot or auditorium (weather permitting)
- Front Ensemble needs to move all equipment (AND FIND MY MIC) between 6:00 and 7:00 to the lower lot. Before we had the shed, this is what we did every night so enjoy the journey.
8:15 Help the Front Ensemble get everything back to the shed.
Wednesday, October 26th
Rehearsal in the Stadium. We will be primarily focusing on Part 3 (guard and new people integration) and Part 1 (watch the video, it's getting ugly)
6:30 End of Part 3 (starting in K)
7:30: Part 1 (B to the End)
8:10 Run the show twice
Senior Night: Friday, October 28th (LAST regular season football game)
3:30 Food TBD (still $5, still due on Wednesday)
4:30 Prepare for the Football Game (as in, get dressed, polish instruments, etc.)
5:00 Prestage all things for football game
5:30 Sectional Time
6:45 Back in the stands, I can't imagine Great Valley is going to bring their production.
- 2nd Quarter: Warmup on track (just like last Homecoming)
- Halftime: "Mercury Rising" and Senior Recognition. Non-Seniors will remain on the field, Seniors will meet their parents/guardians/friends on the Side 2 track.
- 3rd Quarter: OFF
- 4th Quarter: Football
9:30 Estimated End of Game
Saturday, October 29th: Phoenixville Competition
1200 Gay Street, Phoenixville, PA 19460
This is going to be a very long day. Please buckle up. If you are expected to work on Saturdays, please request off for the next three.
Report Time: 10:00am (yep)
10:00 Stretch and Review Music with Front Ensemble once they are ready
11:45 Part 3
12:15 Part 1 and Part 2
12:45 EPL (you need to be in halves on the bus, please bring WHITE PLUMES)
1:30 Depart from Kennett High School
2:30 Arrive at Phoenixville (restroom, unload, props, etc.)
3:00 Head to warmup, it's a bit of a ride haul.
4:30 Pit Loads
4:50 we move as an ensemble to Gate
5:15 Perform "Mercury Rising"
- We will stay in uniform and remain in the stadium for Garnet Valley and Pennsbury
6:15 Group A Awards and Intermission
7:15 Starts Open Class Competition
9:45 Open Class Awards
10:30 Depart from Phoenixville
12:00 Arrive at Kennett High School