It is absolutely crucial that ALL members of the band attend the next 6 rehearsals. Every moment is important, the next 6 rehearsals will determine the success of this season. If you need to miss, it can only be for medical reasons. No other absence will be excused unless approved by me.
Performance Video from last night (October 7th, 2022)
Monday, October 10th
Rehearsal on the DO Field (we will be reviewing Part 3 H-I-J, if you did not attend the rehearsal on Wednesday, this is your opportunity). This should be the last time we lose the stadium this year. We have very little time, considering the sun will be setting around 6:30.
Arrive at 5:50
6:00 Rehearsal on DO
- Front Ensemble by the shed
6:45 Sectional Time
- Hornline: Learn the final visuals for 2022 in the band room with me.
- Color Guard: continue the work for Part 3 (find a parking lot area with light)
- Drumline: finish Part 3 (on the stage)
7:30 Sectional Time continues (optional sub-sectionals for Hornline)
- (with Alex and Cole) Hornline will work on Stand Tunes while I have mid-season conferences starting with the rookies and freshman.
8:30 Clean up and Dismiss from Sectionals.
Wednesday, October 12th
Rehearsal in the stadium
Arrive at 5:50
6:00 Stretch and Warm-Up
6:30 NEW CONTENT: Part K and Part L (you must have chips and drill sheets)
7:45 Revisit H-I-J with added guard work
8:15 Run Part 1, Part 2, and H-I-J-K-L of Part 3 (we will only have M remaining)
8:30 Clean up and Dismiss
Friday, October 14th
LAST 2022 REGULAR SEASON AWAY GAME at West Chester East High School
450 Ellis Ln, West Chester, PA 19380
We will be traveling with the full show. This is not optional; all staff and members are expected to attend.
2:45 EPL (food is on you, pack something or head to overpriced Landhope)
4:30 Depart from Kennett High School
5:30 Arrive at West Chester East High School
5:45 Unload and Move
6:15 Prestage (props, guard bag, etc.)
6:45 Watch West Chester East Perform Pregame
1st Quarter: Football
2nd Quarter: Prep for show
Halftime: Perform Show
3rd Quarter: Free time to 2:00 remaining. You MUST enjoy your free time on the VISITING SIDE of the stadium. DO NOT linger at the snack shack.
9:30 Approximate end of the game
10:00 Depart from West Chester East High School
10:45 Arrive at Kennett High School
- the props, flag bag, and equipment need to be removed from the box truck. Section Leaders and Captains will be doing a head count, if you leave without help OR you leave your equipment from someone else to take care of; I will be following up with you on Monday to determine a suitable consequence.
- Front Ensemble and Drumline need to remove everything from the trailer. It smells, it leaks; I'm not taking any chances.